Monday, September 10, 2012

Horses

Ever since I was little Iv been in love with horses. I don't know what it is about them, but they just give me a calming feeling. You've never lived if you haven't felt the air pushing against your face while you're galloping down a long dirt road. I love it. The sound of hooves pounding on the dirt, the smell of horse sweat, the connection you have with something that cant even speak to you. And yet, they would do anything to please you.
Ever since people started coming to America there was a hoof print to match every foot print left by the settlers. And what really amazes me is the Mustang. No not the car, I mean the horse. Solid muscle, long main, never settling in one place for to long. Their only defense is to flee but somehow they always make it.
This summer I went back to my favorite place in the world Wallowa OR. Me and my friends lived at the barn, rode every day, and even though I didn't have a horse I got to use theirs. Her name was Sugar and doesnt get ridden much. I fell in love as soon as I got in the saddle. 


She needs some work, but if anyones willing to do it it's me. One week is all it took for me, and I can't even imagine what it would be like to have such a wonderful animal in my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backround